Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Mixed Media - Canvas


My first proper go with a Mixed Media Canvas
Also my first ever entry at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
anything goes mixed media challenge.

I used tissue as the base for the canvas of which I stamped then used gesso to adhere onto the canvas. then adding layer by layer of colours, stamped images again onto  tissue, adding this to the layers of texture using glittered texture paste as well as various die cuts.
I have being saving up purchased goodies from
http://www.thatcraftplace.co.uk/ for my sewing themed canvas.
I have used sewing embellishments, scissors and a cute watch face charm .. both of which I coloured with silver paint. The cotton twill ribbon, measuring tape and sewing notions themed fitted in perfectly also came from the shop. The glue I used is the marvellous All Round Medium which the shop stocks.
I have used fabric also within my canvas, on the manikins as well as making fabric flowers.
The canvas is bright and bold as it is for a dear friends birthday coming up later in the year. she is very bright and beautiful .. before becoming a publican she worked in the rag trade hence the theme.

4 comments:

  1. Thats awesome hun, I would never have known it was your first attempt xxx you should be well chuffed with this xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super would never have known you had never done one before love it bless you for playing at TCP this week hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece and so much detail. Thanks for sharing it with us at That Craft Place, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow wow wow such a fantastic canvas, it's awesome that you have had a go at mixed media, be warned though, it's addictive, before you know it, everything will be mixed media. It happened to me and I love every minute of it lol. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment