Powered By Blogger

Sunday 17 July 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge 28 - Shapes

I did quake in my boots when I read what this weeks challenge is over at  Bah Humbug

The majority of cards we crafters make are either square or rectangular, so this challenge is encouraging you to take things a step further and create something else entirely ... use any shape EXCEPT a square or rectangle.
I have only one 'Shape' card template, a pyramid type shape, but I wanted to try something different so I looked through my Eazi Scor Project Book for inspiration. I came across a 'pentagon' shaped card, so I set about making a pentagon by scoring an A4 piece of card in half then its a simple case of cutting off the excess to get your pentagon shape.
I used black card for the base card then added some 'freebie' paper on the whole of the card - meaning back and front. The 'Snowflakes' are cut with my Cricut. I have cut two sizes and then layered them. I added some stickles for extra sparkle. I then added a ribbon flower for the central sentiment. Here is my finished card.


List of Supplies

A4 Black Card
A4 Snowflake Paper (Freebie from a Mag.)
Pink Card
Cricut Snowflakes (Joys of the Season)
Paula Pascal Clear RS Sentiment
Fluid Chalk
Stickles
Sheer White Ribbon
Scor Pal

3 comments:

  1. An unusual shape but very effective

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol
    I am so struggling to visit everyone's blogs at the moment. Just back from holiday, washing - ironing - work - eeeeeeeeeek just can't fit it all in. So glad I've got a little blog hopping time though or I would have missed your fab card. Love the colour scheme - so pretty
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card, love the snowflakes. Thanks so much for playing along with the Bah Humbug challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment