Powered By Blogger

Saturday 19 March 2011

Birthday Card with Aperture - 2cute Cat-Knit

A recent challenge over at Bah Humbug
Asked we create a project(s) with 'Apertures' You can see my entry here

I don't do many cards with apertures so feel very much out of my comfort zone - I decided to take up the challenge, even though I found it hard I am quite pleased that I had a go.
I was needing to make a birthday card for a very dear crafty friend who knits the most amazing garments.  I knew I had to use my 2cute Cat-knit digi image  After visiting some of the wonderful challenge entries on their blogs I was insprired to have a go again at making a card with an aperture. This is what I came up with. The recipient was over the moon with her card,which made me feel all warm inside. She hired her local community room where fellow crafters/knitters/spinners/felters etc.helped celebrate her birthday. She looked so beautiful in her pretty red outfit and red shoes .. sadly I was in such a tiz today with one thing and another, I forgot to take my camera! My gifts to my friend were a knitted mini liquorice tic tac toe board game and a pretty bone china cup and saucer where I placed a very pretty cupcake inside the cup,all wrapped up in cellophane.


The photocorner at the top looks crooked .. but its the angle of the photo .. honest.

List of Supplies

Pink Card - 6x6 base card
Brown Card (Used for the outer jacket of the main base card)
Doilie
DCWV Paper
2cute Digi Image
Digi sentiment - apologies, cannot remember where this came from
Satin Ribbon
Button
Krylon Pen
Gem
Glossy Accents
Nesties Circles
QK nesting dies - used on doilie edge/aperture
MS Fern Frond Punch
Decorative pins
Fluid Chalks
White pen
Promarkers

2 comments:

  1. And a lovely card it is too! Gorgeous colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card, Carole. So cute.

    Lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment