Powered By Blogger

Thursday 13 January 2011

Box Card

I was inspired to have a go with making a box card while browsing through the latest issue of 'Craft Stamper Mag.
Craft Stamper Feb. 2011 Issue


The article states, the designer, Debbie Dolphin,  was inspired by the 'tealight holder' Box Cards featured in 'blogland' I came across this beautiful blog recently featuring the tealight holder box card - I said then I would be making one and I now have .. just not added Tealights .. that is for next time round.
TeaLight Holder Box Card

The tutorial can be found here
TeaLight Box Card Tutorial

The box card featured in the Craft Stamper mag. is labeled as "A gift for him" I was needing to make something more feminine - The gift to go inside the box as featured in the Mag. article is Ferrero Rocher of which I had .. so I got cracking .. I am not really at all good at following instructions, even basic ones can flummux me at times! To say I found the tutorial hard to follow was indeed very true - I had thought I got everything right, the most important being the measurements for the box/scoring lines etc. I cannot have done so as I cannot get the Ferreo Rocher to fit in the box ..... the box is too small or the chocs too big - ever which way you look at it So I have had to rethink of which Chocs. to put in. I put in some of the chocs I used for choc. boxes. I placed the chocs in a cellophane bag and placed in the box that way. No matter that the Ferreo Rocher didn't fit the box .. I so, so enjoyed making this box card, Has taken me a couple of nights to complete. I am most definately going to be making some more - fingers crossed I can learn from my mistakes 1st time round and get the Ferrero Rocher to fit the box

This is my finished box card.





 List of Supplies

Base - White Card
Basic Grey Scarlets Letter 12x12 card
Marbled card - Totally forgotten the company's name
Cosmic Shimmer scraps
Distress ink pads
Versafine Black Ink Pad
Versafine Clear
Copper Embossing powder
Fancy Pants Flourish Clear RS
'Definition' clear RS
rubbadubbadoo 'word' rubber stamps
Scor-Pal
Marianne Designs Frame Die
Acetate
*Index Press Studs - these were a charity shop purchase - they are some sort of office supply - not sure how they are used in todays offices ?* with these I pressed into your project design area - lightweight card etc. and then press  'prongs' flat the underside side - total bargain 100 for a mere 99p
Krylon Pen
Organza Ribbon
Artistic Stamper Chipboard Wings
Sizzix Sizzlits Dies - Hearts
Boss Kutz Die - Key
Sizzix and Big Shot Tag Dies - Tags
Mulberry flowers
Pins
Martha Stewart Leaf Punch
Pearl brad
*SU  Punch
* Brad
Silver Chain
'Findings' to attach chain to tag/to add other embellishments
'Made with Love' Charm
Lace
Altered Element Paper embossed wings
and finally ..

Chocolates






4 comments:

  1. Carole this is totally stunning - love it

    My Blog is now HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely project Carole - love the colours you have used & the embellishments coordinate beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how beautiful is this - just gorgeous Carole.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning - and I'm sure whoever receives it won't mind what kind of choccies are inside - as long as there are some lol!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment