Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 November 2010

HandMade Buttons - Makin Clay

I was inspired to make some buttons after seeing a feature in this months 'Craft Stamper' Dec. Issue Craft Stamper


 I havn't used Kars Makin Clay before so wasn't sure what to expect as to ease of use etc. Thankfully, It wasn't too difficult. Once rolled out I Rubber stamped images onto this then used some small cutters to make the 'buttons' Once air dried (approx 24hrs) I coloured the buttons using Perfect Pearls, metallic rub-on. I have left 2 of them 'naked' To seal I used a cheap hair spray and allowed to dry. I made the button cards, I wanted to have something 'bold' hence the vivid colours, I have also have overstamped using versamark and then brushing over with perfect pearls to soften it a little then attached to the card. I have made the buttons as a gift for a crafty friend - I will certainly be having a go with these again.


Craft Stamper has some Vintage sewing ephemera consisting of 3 'button cards'
I may use next time round.

List of Supplies

Kars Makin Clay - Natrual
Range of mini metal cutters
Fancy Pants Clear RS
Tim Holtz RS
Dye InkPads
Versamark 
Perfect Pearls 
Metallic Rub-On
Glue Pad 
Krylon Pen
'Made with Love' Charms
Cheap Hairspray
Needle and Thread 
White Card



1 comment:

  1. Hello Carole

    What stunning buttons with such gorgeous vibrant colours, they are amazing and gorgeous. A lot of hard work but well worth the effort.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment