Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 October 2010

Bah Humbug Challenge 40 'Vellum'

Here are my 2 cards for this weeks Bah Humbug Challenge 'Vellum' I ended making two as the original I had made did not turn out as I imagined, it was just pitiful and realised it was just too complicated so ended up looking 'messy'; it very nearly went into the bin! I put it to one side and started again with a more simpler approach. Second time around I think was more successful. Once I had finished I turned my attention to see if my 1st card could be rescued. I deconstructed, punched, trimmed and cut and somehow a new card rose from the ashes. Much simpler than my original idea, you will have to take my word that it is easier on the eye. I am afraid that my use of vellum is not at all adventurous but had decided after the 1st disaster it was best kept simple.
This is my second attempt for the challenge.
This is the card that rose from the ashes :-)


Supplies List

DL cards
Printed Vellum ( the second attempt also uses the same vellum with embossed snowflakes)
Papermania papers 
Adirondack Ink
Brilliance Ink
Debbie Moore Magic Enamel Embossing Powder
Bazzill Basic card
Snowflake peeloffs
Gems
Satin Ribbon
Snowflake Charm
Pearl Brad
Extra Fine Glitter  
1 3/8" circle punch





3 comments:

  1. Hello Carole

    What two absoloutely stunning and beautiful cards. I love your blue and silver colour combination, gorgeous vellum, and with a navy bow - just perfect. A lot of hard work but definately well worth it.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you must be very patient I would have just thrown my card away. So glad you didn't as both of these cards are beautiful.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you persevered past the point of frustration or we would have been denied these 2 beautiful cards Carole. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment